Schools in Uttarakhand
Shiwalik International School, Dehradun28/32 Saharanpur Road, Dehra Dun - 248001, Uttarakhand, India
Boarding School (Residential)
Shiwalik International School was established in 1994 with in a vision and dream to provide quality education to the children coming to the institution.Shiwalik International School is a Co-educational, day, day-boarding and a residential English medium public school situated in the Doon Valley. It is a picturesque valley set amongst the foothills of the mighty Himalayas. It is 250 km north of New Delhi and is easily accessible by road, rail and air. 35 kms to the North are Mussoorie-the Queen of Hills.
Criteria For Registration
1) Names for admission are registered throughout the year. Application for registration must be made on the prescribed form (attached with this prospectus) along with a registration fee of Rs.2000/- (non refundable) payable in cash or by Demand draft made in the name of Shiwalik International School, Dehra Dun.
2) Date of birth certificate issued by the Municipality office or as recorded in the previous school leaving certificate (TC) will be accepted and no application for change in the date of birth will subsequently be entertained. Parents and guardians must therefore ensure that these entries are correctly entered in the admission form.
3) Children are eligible for admission to classes Play Group to VIII, IX to XI. No admissions are given in classes X and XII.
4) Admissions are given on the basis of Written Entrance Tests in English, Hindi, Maths and Science of the level one class below in which admission is sought. Dates for these tests are notified to the registered candidates well in advance. Admission will be granted after the Entrance Test subject to the availability of seats in each class.
5) Before a child is allowed to sit for admission test, his/her mark sheet in proof of having passed the previous class must be produced. Admission will be Provisional in the first instance, which is confirmed when a school leaving certificate from the school last attended is produced.
6) The course of study in Class IX & XI (Science/Commerce) shall be offered to the students on the basis of their performance in the class VIII/ICSE (X) examinations. The criteria or the cut off percentage will vary from year to year, depending upon the overall results of the students in the relevant subjects in the Class VIII/ICSE (X) examinations.
7) Admission in class XI, for those students who have passed class X from the Boards other than CISCE, New Delhi, will be PROVISIONAL which will be confirmed only after receiving clearance/eligibility certificate from the council. School will not be responsible, in any case, if the council does not provide clearance/eligibility certificate to regularise the admission.
8) If a child is declared fit for admission the parents/guardians are required to deposit the school fees immediately, failing which the selection would be treated as cancelled.
9) A student is liable for his/her name removed at any stage if any entry made is found incorrect.
Online Admission Enquiry: